Monday, September 3, 2007

Sevilla

Tiny streets of Sevilla
Café con hielo (Iced Coffee)
Eating bon bons
Plaza de España

Today is my first day of school here in Sevilla. This past week has been really rough, and internet access has been pretty limited, now that classes are starting, I should be able to update this blog more regularly. However, because of the tomato fight in Buñol, I no longer have a passport or wallet. Luckily nothing was charged on my credit cards, though, so that was a huge relief, but I’m still working on getting a new passport and fixing things up from that incident. If you guys could keep me in your prayers that everything will work out OK with this, that’d be great.
Sevilla is a beautiful city. The architecture is amazing, the people are all incredibly friendly and can talk for hours (which is good for learning Spanish, but sometimes a little much), and they eat a lot here. I’ve spent the past few days registering for classes, taking the bus to the beach, visiting all the little ice cream shops and cafes (the Spanish coffee has so much more flavor and sugar than anything they serve in the US), and walking everywhere (my house is a 30 min walk from the center of the city). There are 5 other Westmont students here in Sevilla on the same program, and in total, there are 47 students from all over the US. I still don’t know most of them, but those that I’ve met so far are great and lots of fun to hang out with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Daniel said...

Hey Jay, Sounds like spain has been a lot of fun for you (except for the passport deal!) well I hope that all works out and dont worry about it too much. Hasta Luego.

September 3, 2007 at 2:38 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Hi Jay! I finally made it! I love the photos. Looks like fun, and plenty of ice cream. Beautiful flowers, too. Go find a bike. Love you lots.

September 4, 2007 at 2:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jay! I hope all has gotten smoother since the tomato fight! I hope you are looking forward to your classes! Best of luck!! In Him!

September 5, 2007 at 8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home